[Box Backup-dev] Re: [Box Backup] Parse Logfiles

Martin Ebourne boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Sun Mar 25 09:04:43 BST 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 16:45 +0000, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Sorry, I have no idea, nobody has much time to review my changes any more,
> which is needed before they can be merged.
>
> In the mean time I'm encouraging people to try my merge tree and let me
> know how it goes. The more people test it, the easier it will be to
> persuade the other developers that my changes don't break anything and
> should be accepted.

>From my point of view I think that's a good plan.

I'm not sure anyone is going to have the time to review the 100s of
changesets Chris has worked on and the worst possible result would be
for them to languish for ever and us never produce another box release.

I think the way forward is probably to merge and test extensively. We've
got plenty of people who will gladly help test and Chris's code quality
has been generally good.

Maybe this would allow us to get a release out in the summer, otherwise
I'm pretty sure we won't have on this year.

Cheers,

Martin.