[Box Backup-dev] Re: [Box Backup-commit] COMMIT r1873 - box/trunk/bin/bbackupd/win32

James O'Gorman boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Oct 17 14:11:41 BST 2007

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 01:45:14PM +0100, subversion at fluffy.co.uk wrote:
> +# NOTE: If your client does not run a local SMTP server then you MUST
> +# edit this script and uncomment the lines near the end, which specify
> +# the remote SMTP server to use for sending mail.

This comment needs updating, since you asked me to change the script to
auto-detect the SMTP server.

Now there are a few variables near the top of the script which need to
be edited:

account = "0a1"
from = "boxbackup@" & hostname
sendto = "admin at example.com"
subjtmpl = "BACKUP PROBLEM on host " & hostname
smtpserver = "smtp.example.com"

Hopefully those are fairly self-explanatory.

Maybe a comment along the lines of:

# NOTE: You need to edit the following variables in the script before
# enabling it:
#
# account = "accountnumber"
# sendto = "your at email.address"
# smtpserver = "your.smtp.server"
#
# You do not need to set smtpserver if the client has the SMTP Service
# installed, the script will connect directly to the SMTP service.

James