[Box Backup-dev] Re: [Box Backup] ChrisMerge_1828

James O'Gorman boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 21:44:19 BST 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 07:42:00PM +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
>  Thanks for that! One more question, if I may: I'm not sure that this script
>  writes an error message to the system event log if sending the mail fails.
>  Is that possible, does it do it, and if so where or how?

OK, it's easier than I thought. How about something like this?

rc = objEmail.Send
If rc Then
	WshShell.LogEvent EVENT_INFO, "Notification sent to " & sendto & "."
Else
	WshShell.LogEvent EVENT_ERROR, "Failed to send notification to " & sendto & "."
End If

I couldn't decide whether to make the fact that it actually sent the
mail an information message or a warning - what do you think? Feel free
to make suggestions for the actual messages as well.

James