[Box Backup-dev] Re: [Box Backup] ChrisMerge_1828

E.W. Peter Jalajas boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Sep 18 05:53:04 BST 2007

Hi Chris,

Thanks a ton for this.  I am trying to test it now.  How do I get the second Windows service
running and backing up to the second store server?

Here's what I've tried so far.

Install Box Backup (with my InstallJammer installer).
Install service (a step in my installer) (with default bbackupd.conf, not specified.
CommandSocket = pipe ).
Start service.  Runs fine.
Copy bbackupd.conf to bbackupd2.conf.
In bbackupd2.conf,
  Change StoreHostname to point to second server.
  Change DataDirectory to ...\bbackupd2
  Change StoreObjectInfoFile to ...\bbackupd2\...
  Change PidFile to ...\bbackupd2\...
  Change CommandSocket to ...\bbackupd2\bbackupd.sock
But I can't seem to get the 2nd service to install:
C:\Program Files\TebucoSafe>bbackupd -i "C:\Program Files\TebucoSafe\bbackupd2.conf"
ERROR: Failed to create Box Backup service: it already exists

Please let me know what I should do next.

Thanks again!
Pete

P.S.  The LogAllFileAccess option in bbackupd.conf really helps a lot--thanks for that!

P.P.S.  Some funky options handling on the command line (can't use "-i and -c"; standard windows
/? chokes; -h not clear that _can't_ use -c flag with -i, but _may_ specify .conf file; does -r
take a .conf file?)

P.P.P.S.  bbackupd on the command line prints only the header info to the cmd window and nothing
else, no progress at all.  bbackupd -v prints great info to the cmd window.

C:\Program Files\TebucoSafe>bbackupd -c "C:\Program Files\TebucoSafe\bbackupd2.conf" -i
WARNING: No random device -- additional seeding of random number generator not performed.
bbackupd: unknown option -- i
FATAL: Unknown option on command line: 'i'

C:\Program Files\TebucoSafe>bbackupd -i -c "C:\Program Files\TebucoSafe\bbackupd2.conf"
WARNING: No random device -- additional seeding of random number generator not performed.
bbackupd: unknown option -- i
FATAL: Unknown option on command line: 'i'

C:\Program Files\TebucoSafe>bbackupd -i "C:\Program Files\TebucoSafe\bbackupd2.conf"
ERROR: Failed to create Box Backup service: it already exists

C:\Program Files\TebucoSafe>bbackupd /?
WARNING: No random device -- additional seeding of random number generator not performed.
NOTICE: Box Backup Client vchris_general_1837, (c) Ben Summers and contributors 2003-2007
ERROR: FileHandleGuard: failed to open file '/?': Invalid argument
WARNING: Exception thrown: CommonException(OSFileOpenError) at Guards.h(42)
FATAL: Failed to start: failed to open configuration file: /?

C:\Program Files\TebucoSafe>bbackupd -h
-h help, -i install service, -r remove service,
-c <config file> start daemon now

C:\Program Files\TebucoSafe>bbackupd -v -c "C:\Program Files\TebucoSafe\bbackupd2.conf"
WARNING: No random device -- additional seeding of random number generator not performed.
NOTICE: Box Backup Client vchris_general_1837, (c) Ben Summers and contributors 2003-2007
WARNING: ==============================================================================
SECURITY WARNING: This platform cannot check the credentials of connections to
the command socket. This is a potential DoS security problem.
Remove the CommandSocket directive from the bbackupd.conf file if bbackupctl
is not used.

NOTICE: Starting daemon, version chris_general_1837, config: C:\Program
Files\TebucoSafe\bbackupd2.conf
WARNING: Store object info file out of date. Will re-cache from store. (C:\Program
Files\TebucoSafe\bbackupd2\bbackupd.state)
NOTICE: Beginning scan of local files
Opening connection to server 'ts5....myS3instance....com'...
Connection made, login successful
Scanning directory: C:\Program Files\TebucoSafe\bbackupd
Synchronised file: C:\Program Files\TebucoSafe\bbackupd\bbackupd.pid
Synchronised file: C:\Program Files\TebucoSafe\bbackupd\bbackupd.state
Synchronised file: C:\Program Files\TebucoSafe\bbackupd\last_sync_finish
Synchronised file: C:\Program Files\TebucoSafe\bbackupd\last_sync_start
NOTICE: Finished scan of local files
Saved store object info file version 2 (C:\Program Files\TebucoSafe\bbackupd2\bbackupd.state)
NOTICE: File statistics: total file size uploaded 0, bytes already on server 0, encoded size 0
^C

http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/svn/box/chris/win32/releases/boxbackup-chris_general_1837-backup-client-mingw32.zip