[Box Backup-dev] Re: [Box Backup] ChrisMerge_1828

Chris Wilson boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Sep 19 23:45:23 BST 2007

Hi Matt,

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, Matt Brown wrote:

>> > I however do have LogAllFileAccess option set as:
>> >
>> > LogAllFileAccess = yes in the bbackupd.conf
>> >
>> > however it does not seem to give full paths ? Is this working on both
>> > Windows and Linux versions ?
>>
>> It should be, the code is the same. Could you paste some examples of the
>> messages you get which don't have full paths where you want them?
>
> Sep 19 20:43:18 sali Box Backup (bbackupd)[3301]: Send
> StoreFile(0x1f0dd,0x43a7eae376980,0x19f944cda101edb4,0x0,"Egyptlabels.doc")

This is not LogAllFileAccess, this is ExtendedLogging. Are you sure that
you enabled LogAllFileAccess? If so then it's not working or it's not what
you're seeing.

> As you can see the filenames are there, the report looks for lines with Send
> StoreFile comment so this only returns the actual filename (as I strip the
> hex bits which I guess is the paths ?).....

LogAllFileAccess enables the following messages:

   Scanning directory:
   Skipping excluded file:
   Skipping excluded directory:
   Uploading complete file:
   Uploading patch to file:
   Uploaded file:
   Synchronised file:

My guess is that you're looking for "Synchronised file".

> did anything come of that PayPal account or donation scheme as I know I
> (and probably many others on this list) would put some cash in the pot
> to help with development, hardware, beer etc :-)

We have no such scheme right now, and I know of no plans to create one,
but you might like to talk to Pete Jalajas about sharing the costs of an
Amazon S3 account (or similar online storage) if backing up to that
interests you.