[Box Backup-dev] Re:BoxReport.pl (was ChrisMerge_1828)

Chris Wilson boxbackup-dev at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Sep 21 23:50:53 BST 2007

Hi Matt,

>> Could you try running bbackupd with the -V option?
>
> You're a star - worked fine - masses of output :-)  .. so does the
> daemon need the -V flag in addition to the LogAllFileAccess = yes , or
> was this a test to check ?

No, it does need -V in release builds to log sufficient information. I'm
thinking about changing it, as it's obviously not very intuitive (I forgot
about it!) but it's not clear exactly how verbose users would expect
bbackupd to be in normal operation, with or without LogAllFileAccess.

> If it was, I'm sorry for a lot of wasted bandwidth on this ... I was not
> aware.

My fault, it's not documented anywhere as this is a new option (as is
LogAllFileAccess).