[Box Backup-dev] Build failures in recent trunk

James O'Gorman boxbackup-dev at boxbackup.org
Mon Dec 8 22:39:13 GMT 2008

On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 10:24:08PM +0000, Chris Wilson wrote:
> I'll try to install them, but so far I haven't found the right Cygwin
> package. If it can use online stylesheets then I'm surprised that the
> build failed, as I did have internet access at the time. Do you know
> anything about the error message "Note: No refentry elements found in """?
> I found it very cryptic and the debug/verbose output from xsltproc and
> stracing xsltproc didn't yield any clues as to what was wrong either.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's related to the problem we saw
quite a while back on the Trac server - I think downloading the
stylesheet multiple times causes problems as it's quite large. Building
the man pages using a remote stylesheet takes minutes rather than
seconds.

> It should certainly be possible on any machine with cygwin, although I'm
> not sure how to hook the Trac buildbot into Cygwin's environment. If you
> could provide a VM that would be very helpful, as I only occasionally
> start mine when I'm doing Windows development work.

It doesn't need to "hook" really - it's just a Python app which
downloads instructions on how to build from the Trac server. If it's the
same procedure as a regular Unix client then it should "just work".

James