[Box Backup-dev] Build failures in recent trunk

Chris Wilson boxbackup-dev at boxbackup.org
Mon Dec 8 22:42:49 GMT 2008

Hi James,

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, James O'Gorman wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 10:24:08PM +0000, Chris Wilson wrote:
> > Do you know anything about the error message "Note: No refentry
> > elements found in """? I found it very cryptic and the debug/verbose
> > output from xsltproc and stracing xsltproc didn't yield any clues as
> > to what was wrong either.
>
> I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's related to the problem we saw
> quite a while back on the Trac server - I think downloading the
> stylesheet multiple times causes problems as it's quite large. Building
> the man pages using a remote stylesheet takes minutes rather than
> seconds.

But at least it would build, and mine didn't at all. Sounds like it might
be a bug or common misconfiguration of xsltproc.

> > It should certainly be possible on any machine with cygwin, although
> > I'm not sure how to hook the Trac buildbot into Cygwin's environment.
> > If you could provide a VM that would be very helpful, as I only
> > occasionally start mine when I'm doing Windows development work.
>
> It doesn't need to "hook" really - it's just a Python app which
> downloads instructions on how to build from the Trac server. If it's the
> same procedure as a regular Unix client then it should "just work".

It's not quite the same because the Python app woulnd't normally just be
able to run "make" or "gcc", for example; it should probably run them
through Cygwin's bash.exe with the correct environment set up. Can we
define custom build commands for the buildbot to use on a particular
platform such as Windows?

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | Stop nuclear war http://www.nuclearrisk.org |