[Box Backup-dev] Build failures in recent trunk

James O'Gorman boxbackup-dev at boxbackup.org
Mon Dec 8 22:53:47 GMT 2008

On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 10:42:49PM +0000, Chris Wilson wrote:
> But at least it would build, and mine didn't at all. Sounds like it might
> be a bug or common misconfiguration of xsltproc.

I know what you mean, but I can't work out what's causing it at the
moment...

> It's not quite the same because the Python app woulnd't normally just be
> able to run "make" or "gcc", for example; it should probably run them
> through Cygwin's bash.exe with the correct environment set up.

Yep, that's the idea. Either run it manually from Cygwin, or (if this is
possible) through a cron job in Cygwin. You could create a wrapper shell
script around bitten-slave to do any Windows-specific environment setup
before connecting to the master.

I use a simple shell script on my machines just so I don't have to type
the args all the time - ./go is much easier than bitten-slave -u xxx -p
xxx -d build -l build.log http://...... :-) - but the basic principle is
there that you could do a similar thing to tidy up or setup before
starting or finishing.

> Can we define custom build commands for the buildbot to use on a
> particular platform such as Windows?

Yes, if need be.

James