[Box Backup-dev] Build failures in recent trunk

James O'Gorman boxbackup-dev at boxbackup.org
Wed Dec 10 00:57:59 GMT 2008

On 8/12/08 22:39, James O'Gorman wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 10:24:08PM +0000, Chris Wilson wrote:
>> I'll try to install them, but so far I haven't found the right Cygwin
>> package. If it can use online stylesheets then I'm surprised that the
>> build failed, as I did have internet access at the time. Do you know
>> anything about the error message "Note: No refentry elements found in """?
>> I found it very cryptic and the debug/verbose output from xsltproc and
>> stracing xsltproc didn't yield any clues as to what was wrong either.
>
> I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's related to the problem we saw
> quite a while back on the Trac server - I think downloading the
> stylesheet multiple times causes problems as it's quite large. Building
> the man pages using a remote stylesheet takes minutes rather than
> seconds.

This may be a red herring, but having just updated MacPorts on my OS X
build machine (and thus updating docbook-xsl and xmlcatmgr), the man
pages now build fine.

It could be that the DocBook I created the documentation against is too
new for some systems. I'm not entirely sure at the moment...

James