[Box Backup-dev] Trac upgraded

James O'Gorman boxbackup-dev at boxbackup.org
Sun Nov 23 23:05:15 GMT 2008

Hi folks,

I managed to get Trac upgraded to 0.11.2 today. I've been testing it and
it looks like everything should be working OK, although there may be
momentary "blips" as I try to figure out its slightly new ways of doing
things.

There are quite a few advantages to this upgrade - we can now have
fine-grained permissions if need be, the ticket workflow is much
improved (although I've left it at 0.10 level for now).

There's also a _very_ nice new feature I've been playing with -
automated builds!

The Trac guys have written a build system called bitten which hooks
straight into Trac. You then just need to install the slave program on
various machines and they'll get build instructions from the Trac
server. Currently only Chris and I have access to this feature, but I
plan to open this up so that anyone can setup a build host.

If anyone's interested in providing a build machine, please do contact
me off-list and I can set you up.

James