[Box Backup-dev] File permissions in bbackupd test

James O'Gorman boxbackup-dev at boxbackup.org
Mon Nov 24 22:27:26 GMT 2008

Hi Chris,

On 24/11/08 22:02, Chris Wilson wrote:
> They are set as part of the test. However they should be reset to
> something more sensible immediately after that test, around line 2146 of
> testbbackupd.cpp. If they aren't, perhaps it's because the test failed?

On my Debian 4.0 x86_64 server, the tests all report as passed, but the
automated build system (not the test suite) is unable to remove the
directories due to the permissions issue.

> Does rm -rf debug/test/bbackupd/testfiles work to remove them as a normal
> user?

No, only as root.

> Otherwise, you could chmod -R u+w debug/test/bbackupd/testfiles
> before removing them.

Yes, that's what I'm doing now. Actually I'm running chmod -R +rw, just
in case, but doesn't stop the build system bombing out. :(

> If you're just going to rerun the test without
> deleting the testfiles manually, it should just work anyway.

And that's the issue, really. The automated build system is attempting
to blow away the whole directory after completing a build.

James