[Boxbackup-dev] [Box Backup-commit] COMMIT r2817 - box/invisnet/perfhack1/lib/server

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Sat Dec 4 00:19:16 GMT 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 11:05 +0000, subversion at boxbackup.org wrote:
> Author: invisnet
> Date: 2010-12-03 11:05:53 +0000 (Fri, 03 Dec 2010)
> New Revision: 2817
>
> Modified:
>    box/invisnet/perfhack1/lib/server/SocketStreamTLS.cpp
> Log:
> Disable Naggle

This is probably a bad idea. Given especially that box is designed for
low bandwidth links, this is likely to increase bandwidth usage.
Certainly tcp nodelay is not going to be relevant on the LAN usage case
which as already discussed is very slow.

Sounds to me if verify is slow over a long distance link rather than
disabling nagle it would be worth reworking the protocol to reduce round
trips.

Cheers,
Martin