[Boxbackup-dev] Latest Box Backup on Windows

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Mon Aug 1 23:22:39 BST 2011

Hi Pete,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011, Peter Jalajas, GigaLock Backup Services wrote:

>> Per http://www.boxbackup.org/trac/wiki/CompileWithVisualC I'm
>> downloading Visual C++ 2010 Express, SlikSVN, and Perl now...
>
> Can you please confirm these steps in the procedure at:
> https://www.boxbackup.org/trac/wiki/CompileWithVisualC
> -------------
> cd <base-dir>\openssl-1.0.0d
> perl Configure VC-WIN32 --prefix=<box-base>\openssl`
> ms\do_ms
> nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak
> nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak install
> -------------

Well, it works for me, I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you.

> After much flailing, involving running the prescribed commands several
> times each with slightly different ignorant edits,

But this might have something to do with it.

> I'm getting this
> result at the moment:
[...]
> CPUID_OBJ     =x86cpuid.o

This is what I have too. Could you check whether "#define
OPENSSL_CPUID_OBJ" appears in your crypto/opensslconf.h file?

It could be that OpenSSL was at some point configured for NO_ASM, and
mem.obj was built with that setting, which creates a dependency on the
_cleanse_ctr symbol which you have but I don't. You could try:

   nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak clean
   nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak

and see if it then builds correctly.

\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |