[Boxbackup-dev] What does this mean?

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Sun Aug 28 20:22:06 BST 2011

Hi Sune,

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011, Sune Mølgaard wrote:

> Sorry for not getting back earlier, but yes, it seemed to do the trick.

Great, thanks :)

> IIRC, I had one more (possibly unrelated) incident of an exception
> later, which was remedied by a trunk check fix as well. Sorry for not
> reporting that, since in hindsight it might have been helpful for
> preventing corruptions later on, but it was late at night, and it was
> fixed immediately.

OK, if you see it again, or anything like it, please let us know.

> Worth noting, however, is that whenever I reboot the client machine that
> holds that specific account, I will get a backup-error email - the cause
> of which I cannot pinpoint in the logs, but will get a backup-ok email
> shortly afterwards, so it might just be caused by some or other service
> being started prematurely.

What exactly does the email say? What does your notify script say about
backup-error?

> That said, however, the backup-ok email actually says that there is an
> error, instead of saying what I believe it means, that there was a
> successful backup, immediately following a previous error?

That's odd. It should not report anything at all for a backup-ok event.
What does the notify script say about backup-ok? Did you upgrade from a
previous version of Box Backup and keep your old notify script?