[Boxbackup-dev] Latest Box Backup on Windows

Peter Jalajas, GigaLock Backup Services pjalajas at gigalock.com
Mon Jul 11 22:17:37 BST 2011

Hi Chris,

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 4:44 AM, Chris Wilson <chris at qwirx.com> wrote:
> Hi Pete,
>
> On Thu, 7 Jul 2011, Peter Jalajas, GigaLock Backup Services wrote:
>
>> So I think I'll just use the 2751 precompiled Windows client.
>
> Please do, and let us know if it works well for you, then I can add it to
> the client releases page.

Seems to be working for now.  I've uploaded 2GB of files during the
first sync.  Not sure how to test it.  I tried
bbackupquery "compare -aqA" quit
which seemed to work, with one likely-moved file mentioned in the
Event Viewer.  I cancelled that after a bit.

I then tried creating a Scheduled Task to do the same, but got these:
---
WARNING: Quick compare used -- file attributes are not checked.
Failed to open 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents': Access
is denied. (5)
WARNING: Exception thrown: CommonException(OSFileError) (C:\Documents
and Settings\All Users\Documents) at BackupQueries.cpp(1615)
---
Not sure why I don't have permissions when run as a Scheduled Task.

> Looks like Cygwin changed their GCC, sorry. Will have to wait until I have
> time to work out how we're supposed to build MinGW apps in Cygwin, or
> someone else does. Until then, you could also try the Visual Studio build
> process and see if VSS works for you.

Per http://www.boxbackup.org/trac/wiki/CompileWithVisualC I'm
downloading Visual C++ 2010 Express, SlikSVN, and Perl now...

Thanks, Chris,
Pete