[Boxbackup-dev] [bbstoreaccounts] folder remove

bb at grandville.net bb at grandville.net
Sun Nov 11 08:59:50 GMT 2012

Hi All,

I'm using the stunning boxbackup on Windows platform, and I found a problem
when deleting an account,

C:\dev\boxbackup\Release>bbstoreaccounts -c
C:\dev\boxbackup\conf\boxbackup\bbstored.conf delete  101 yes

NOTICE:  Deleting store directory
C:\dev\boxbackup\Data\Single\backup\00000101\...

ERROR:   Failed to delete files in
C:\dev\boxbackup\Data\Single\backup\00000101\, delete them manually.

In fact, the user's folder contains an open file write.lock so before
deleting his folders wouldn't be mandatory to close this file ?!?! I take
this opportunity to add a notice at the end of the DeleteAccount to validate
the successful completion of the call. My proposed patch
(bbstoreaccounts.cpp.patch) is attached.

The command to recursively delete windows folder would be

rd /s /q C:\dev\boxbackup\Data\Single\backup\00000101

I wrote a rmdir function specific to windows in the second patch and I
reorder emu_stat struct from large to narrow items) to reduce the data
alignment.

Hope this could help,

Arnaud