[Boxbackup-dev] Need server-side kill-switch

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Mon Oct 22 22:00:09 BST 2012

Hi Pete,

> On Fri, 19 Oct 2012, Peter Jalajas, GigaLock Backup Services wrote:
>
>> and then when the client next connects to that server, the server would
>> tell the client "StopConnecting", and then the client would, perhaps do
>> something like Stop and Disable (in Windows-speak) the boxbackup
>> service.

On second thoughts, I disagree with the server operator making
modifications to the client side that could compromise their backups. I
haven't implemented the automatic removal of the Windows service (yet),
just disabling the account.

\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |