[Boxbackup-dev] Need server-side kill-switch

dave bamford dave at bdisystems.co.uk
Sun Oct 28 16:18:59 GMT 2012

On Sun, 2012-10-28 at 14:46 +0000, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hi Pete,
>
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2012, Peter Jalajas, GigaLock Backup Services wrote:
>
> > I'm about to start compiling trunk on my Ubuntu Precise laptop to test
> > the "enabled" flag.
> >
> > Any chance I could get you or someone to generate a new Windows client
> > binary from trunk or similar?:
> > http://www.boxbackup.org/browser/box/chris/win32/releases?order=date&desc=1
>
> There is no client-side change, so I don't think there is any need. The
> enabled flag just controls whether the client is allowed to log into the
> server or not.
>
> Cheers, Chris.
Hi Chris

I have some old clients who no longer back up to our servers and I have
removed their accounts, but they have not removed the client and it
continues to try to log in to the server producing error messages in the
log files every few minutes.
The only way I have now of stopping it is to block the IP, but some of
these clients are on a dynamic IP. I no longer have the clients contact
details, so a remote way of disabling the client would be good.

Cheers

Dave