[Boxbackup-dev] current trunk

Chris Wilson chris+pine at qwirx.com
Fri Oct 31 22:57:43 GMT 2014

Hi Kai,

First of all many thanks for the patches! And sorry for the delay in
looking at them. I've been very busy these last few weeks, and also trying
to solve a difficult problem with implementing snapshots.

I haven't compiled on Windows for a while, because it's slow for me in a
virtual machine, so I really appreciate you reporting and fixing issues.

On Thu, 9 Oct 2014, Kai Liebenau wrote:

> I missed the getopt.h file, but in the browser trunk tree is it present.

I'm afraid I don't understand this one. Have you seen
lib/win32/box_getopt.h which tries to determine whether to include
bsd_getopt.h (included a copy from BSD) or getopt.h (which should be
supplied by the system on Unix machines).

So we shouldn't be including getopt.h directly, only box_getopt.h. Is that
the problem? I can see two includes that might be wrong:

lib/win32/emu.h:#include "getopt.h"
lib/win32/getopt_long.cpp:#include "getopt.h"

Did compilation fail on one of these?

> Now then the WinNamedPipeStream.cpp file have some incorrect definition.
> Here is the patch for them.
>
> In the file Daemon.cpp is missing one include for Win32. I have added
> this and now i can compile it.

I applied both of these, thank you!

> For the ticket #69 "CRTL+C closes bbackupquery console window under
> Windows", i have some modification. The current handler ignore the
> Ctrl+C and Ctrl Colse Events. I don't knowing were i can interrupt the
> current action.

I can see where you're going but I don't really want to apply this patch
as it is. We don't currently have a mechanism to interrupt an ongoing
process in bbackupquery. Ctrl+C kills the process on both Unix and
Windows. So this looks like a feature request, and one that might be a lot
of work to implement. Apart from a global variable, I can't even see what
kind of signalling it might need to use.

\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |