[Box Backup] Development plan
boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Apr 7 12:01:24 BST 2004
Here's a plan for the immediate future of development of Box Backup.
I'd welcome any suggestions and comments.
* Release 0.05 early next week. This will be basically 0.04PLUS2 with a
few minor extras in the config script.
* Do a little more work, adding a few new features and complete some of
the "TODO" items (see the TODO.txt file in the distribution).
- Would a "maximum file size to backup" option be useful?
- Any other requests?
* Release 0.06, which should be basically feature complete.
* Write the final raidfile tools (raidfiled, for out of process
raidification, and raidfileutil for checking and rebuilding arrays)
* More testing
* Maybe some more work on the NetBSD, FreeBSD and Darwin ports?
* Release 0.07 (or 1.00?) and advertise it as "stable", ready for
I trust people are keeping an eye on their backups, and running
/usr/local/bin/bbackupquery "compare -a" quit
Thanks for all your help with finding problems and creating a nice
stable backup system.
More information about the Boxbackup