[Box Backup] New encryption format & Space usage

boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 15:16:38 BST 2004

Hi All,

I actually get some of that info from my log files (I use logcheck so it
emails me the output from the daemon).

Some of what you want is syslogged.

I was thinking though, that maybe it would be nice to have some sort of
plugin facility so that others could write plugins so create that sort of
report.

The idea being that the plugin would be called on start of backup, for
every file (with file stats, delta stats) and when the backup was
finished.

That way we could syslog or database-log however much data we wanted to
keep. Ben wouldn't have to do all the work, and we'd all have more
flexibility.

Rick