[Box Backup] exception BackupStore BerkeleyDBFailure

Ben Summers boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sat Aug 7 10:04:40 BST 2004

On 6 Aug 2004, at 21:12, Chris Anderson wrote:

> On Aug 5, 2004, at 11:46 AM, Ben Summers wrote:
>
>> On the client, delete the contents of /var/bbackupd (or whatever you
>> put the working directory for bbackupd). Restart bbackupd.
>>
>> This is a known problem, I will be fixing things so this happens
>> automatically in the next version.
>
> Thank you, that solved the problem. I suspected it was something like
> that, but I forgot about the /var/bbackupd directory (I was only
> looking in /etc/box).

I assume something bad happened at some point, and bbackupd ended up
terminating when the Berkeley DB library was writing to one of those
files. Then the next time it can't read it.

Anyway, it's an easy one to fix. If there's a problem, delete the
database files and start again. They are only used for tracking files
and directories when they are renamed, so in the worst case things will
just be a little less efficient than they should be.