[Box Backup] help again

Nick Knight boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 15:01:41 BST 2004

Hello,

I figure this one out late last night. Although cygwin was never
installed on this machine a cygwin1.dll was in the system directory so
old it couldn't handle files larger than 2GB - and it was so it
couldn't! Because it was in the system directory it was picked up before
the one in the box backup directory. Deleted and now it works fine.

Not sure were they come from - brand new machine running windows 2003
server with hardly anything on it - surely MS can't be putting it there?

You're known issue about a file changing is magnified with the problem
that it takes longer to ship it out over the Internet than to dump it to
tape, I have opened this up to discussion with the other guys - see if
they can think of something. The immediate obvious one is to make a copy
then transmit - this will add time - and require an overhead in local
disk space - but it reduces the probability of an error - but not the
cleanest.

Regards

Nick