[Box Backup] multiple Path and/or ExcludeDir

Ben Summers boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 17:19:55 BST 2004

On 31 Aug 2004, at 16:15, dctester at freestart.hu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry my bad english. I would like to use multiple Path and/or
> ExcludeDir options in one name reference.
>
> full-system
> {
>     Path = /
>     ExcludeDir = /var/www
>     ExcludeDir = /proc
>     ExcludeDir = /sys
> }
>
> (/var/www backup's is use an another reference)
>
> Is this correct syntax?

This is correct. What happened when you tried it? What went wrong?

However, you should not do this if you have multiple partitions. Each
partition should have it's own entry. File rename tracking doesn't work
if you multiple partition mounted below the Path in one of these
specifications.

Unfortunately I haven't quite got round to getting the daemon to check
for this (it's very platform specific), so it's up to you to avoid bad
configurations.