[Box Backup] multiple Path and/or ExcludeDir

boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 19:19:53 BST 2004

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 05:19:55PM +0100, Ben Summers wrote:

>> full-system
>> {
>>    Path = /
>>    ExcludeDir = /var/www
>>    ExcludeDir = /proc
>>    ExcludeDir = /sys
>> }

> This is correct. What happened when you tried it? What went wrong?

# bbackupquery
Box Backup Query Tool v0.07, (c) Ben Summers 2003, 2004
Using configuration file /etc/box/bbackupd.conf
Connecting to store...
Handshake with store...
Login to store...
Login complete.

Type "help" for a list of commands.

query > list
00000002 -d--- full-system
00000003 -d--- var-www
query> cd full-system
query> ls
00000006 -d--- lost+found
00000007 -d--- boot
00000020 -d--- proc

No more entry. The full-system's archive size is very small. IMHO the backup
process is break when trying to save the /proc dir.

> However, you should not do this if you have multiple partitions. Each
> partition should have it's own entry. File rename tracking doesn't work
> if you multiple partition mounted below the Path in one of these
> specifications.

Thanks, I have the following partitions:

/boot  hda1
/      hda2
/usr   hda3
swap   hda5