[Box Backup] multiple Path and/or ExcludeDir

Ben Summers boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 19:31:09 BST 2004

On 31 Aug 2004, at 19:19, dctester at freestart.hu wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 05:19:55PM +0100, Ben Summers wrote:
>
>>> full-system
>>> {
>>>    Path = /
>>>    ExcludeDir = /var/www
>>>    ExcludeDir = /proc
>>>    ExcludeDir = /sys
>>> }
>
>> This is correct. What happened when you tried it? What went wrong?
>
> # bbackupquery
> Box Backup Query Tool v0.07, (c) Ben Summers 2003, 2004
> Using configuration file /etc/box/bbackupd.conf
> Connecting to store...
> Handshake with store...
> Login to store...
> Login complete.
>
> Type "help" for a list of commands.
>
> query > list
> 00000002 -d--- full-system
> 00000003 -d--- var-www
> query> cd full-system
> query> ls
> 00000006 -d--- lost+found
> 00000007 -d--- boot
> 00000020 -d--- proc
>
> No more entry. The full-system's archive size is very small. IMHO the
> backup
> process is break when trying to save the /proc dir.

Can you do a

   list -rotds

in the full-system directory, and see what it says?

Is there anything useful in the logs? Turn on ExtendedLogging in both
client and server, and report any errors.

>> However, you should not do this if you have multiple partitions. Each
>> partition should have it's own entry. File rename tracking doesn't
>> work
>> if you multiple partition mounted below the Path in one of these
>> specifications.
>
> Thanks, I have the following partitions:
>
> /boot  hda1
> /      hda2
> /usr   hda3
> swap   hda5
> /var   hda6
> /other hda7

I recommend you create separate entries for each directory within the
root directory that you want to back up. You really do not want to have
mount points within these directories, which you do at the moment.