[Box Backup] System Backups?

Dennis Speekenbrink boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Dec 1 01:13:00 GMT 2004

> 3) An idea I just thought of: user-land RAID across separate servers.
> I think of what would happen if a RAID server caught on fire and
> burned multiple disks. That's why I like the idea of using RAID for
> backups, rather than trying to set up a live RAID to run on.

Ben can answer this better than I can, but I do remember seeing the
plans for allowing second level backups.
This, I assume, would mean that the primary backup system keeps a
complete copy on yet another server.

I don't think it can be called userland RAID but the effect is the same.

Note: I remember reading the intention to implement this in the future,
but right now I can't find a link for reference, sorry.

Dennis