[Box Backup] free(): invalid pointer

Dennis Heltzel boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 17:43:42 GMT 2004

Yesterday, I compiled the latest version without errors and was able to
setup and test both server and client. Today I found that the client
daemon had died and when I tried to restart it, I get this:

Box Backup Client v0.09, (c) Ben Summers 2003, 2004
free(): invalid pointer 0x80a08d4!
free(): invalid pointer 0x80a08d4!
free(): invalid pointer 0x80a08d4!
free(): invalid pointer 0x80a08d4!
Segmentation fault

Rebooting the system didn't help and bbstored seems to be running fine on
the server. I even re-did the configure/compile and replace the binaries,
with the same result.

Both systems are Fedora Core 2 and the following libs were updated
recently (possibly within the timeframe the it worked, then failed):

glib2-2.4.8-1.fc2
glib2-devel-2.4.8-1.fc2
gtk2-2.4.14-1.fc2
gtk2-devel-2.4.14-1.fc2
libpng10-1.0.18-1.fc2
libpng10-devel-1.0.18-1.fc2
libpng-1.2.8-1.fc2
libpng-devel-1.2.8-1.fc2

Any ideas about how I might be able to get this to work?

Dennis