[Box Backup] free(): invalid pointer

Dennis Heltzel boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 19:57:25 GMT 2004

> How are you with a debugger?
>
> If so, build a debug version
>

> http://lists.warhead.org.uk/pipermail/boxbackup/2004-November/
> 000735.html
>
> run it, and see where it goes bang. Post a backtrace, and we'll go from
> there.

Never actually used a debugger. C is not my best language :)

> Or try the tests... do
>
>    ./runtest.pl bbackupd
>
> from the distribution root after ./configure, to run the long test for
> the backup daemon, in debug mode.

Tried that and it ran all the way through and said it passed.

> I don't think the libraries you mention are used, unless glib2 gets
> linked in somehow by g++. But I'm not an expert on Linux, so have no
> idea.

I was hoping this was something someone else had already resolved. It's
not critical, since I'm only testing boxbackup. I'll just try the next
version and see if it fixes itself.

I know you're not a Linux person, but you probably recognize that your
biggest "market" will be on Linux systems. If you don't have access to a
development system running Linux, perhaps someone on the list can give you
an account on one of their Linux devel boxes and you can do use that to
try out new versions, etc.

Thanks for all your help and sugggestions!

Dennis