[Box Backup] Error messages at execution

Pascal Lalonde boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 23:30:03 GMT 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 08:29:39AM +0000, Ben Summers wrote:

> On 28 Jan 2004, at 05:30, Pascal Lalonde wrote:
>

> >First of all, I didn't succeed in running bbstored on an OpenBSD 3.3
> >box. I keep getting an 'Exception: RaidFile (2/8)' when trying to
> >create
> >an account.
>
> Does the directory you specified to raidfile-config have write
> permissions for the user you're running bbstored under?

Ok, you got me... shame. So afterall it works on 3.3.
But it wasn't just that.

> >And I generated my certificates by hand, like this:
> >openssl req -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout domain.com-key.pem -keyform
> >PEM -out domain.com-csr.pem -outform PEM
>
> Did bbstored-config not work?
A while ago I was experimenting with OpenSSL, and creating a test CA.
Naturally, I had my OPENSSL_CONF variable set. So it would use a
different openssl.cnf than the default one. Unsetting this variable made
things work.

I didn't try to install it as non-root on the other box. Maybe I'll try
it when I have more spare time. Could be useful, as users could setup
stores for themselves.

And I also have a question. Why not back up /etc ? I always do, since it
would be a pain to configure everything over again. Or do you mean by
that to back it up on static media (CD?) ? It's not my intention to
blindly restore /etc, but I use it as a reference, or to restore
individual files.

Thanks,
Pascal Lalonde