[Box Backup] windows binaries

Garry Glendown boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Jun 17 07:56:19 BST 2004

Adrian wrote:

> The first experimental Windows version is ready to go.  Please read the
> included README.txt file for setup instructions.  All of the files are
> simply placed in the same folder, so there is no "install" to speak of.
> Also to remove it, simply delete the folder.
>
> It has only been tested on Windows 2000.  Please let me know if you have
> any luck with other Windows versions.
>
> *** You will still need access to a Unix type machine with BoxBackup
> installed to generate your key files. ***

Adrian, good job! Tnx a lot! Running my first Winblows backup of my 2000
   desktop ... 1.2gigs saved ... :)

One minor addition for the readme: You forgot to mention the
serverCA.pem - needn't that also be coppied to the Windows machine? I
didn't try to run it without it ...

One problem I seem to have - I got these error messages:

Jun 17 08:16:07 collector bbstored[22656]: Failed to get write lock (for
Client ID 00002001)
Jun 17 08:16:07 collector bbstored[22656]: in server child, exception
Connection TLSReadFailed (Probably a network issue between client and
server.) (7/34) -- terminating child

bbackupd re-connects after that and continues the save process, though
... any idea? Could that be files like ntuser.dat or the likes, which
Windows keeps open all the time?

Also, noticed the cursor key history on the query process doesn't work ...

Tnx again, -garry