[Box Backup] bbackupquery getobject

Imran boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Jun 25 06:26:39 BST 2004

Hi All,

Ben or someone else can answer this.  If i do a 'getobject' in bbackupquery to
download an old file using the object id or whatever, the file that I get is
not what i want.  was trying to restore a php (i.e. text file) and what i got
was a binary file.  Well this is the second time I did it.  First time I tried
to restore some file a little while ago, and had the same problem.  Actually
the reason i was trying to do getobject before was because I only wanted one
file (12kb perl script i believe) out of the backup store.  and the restore
thing doesn't allow for single files... i guess that should be a feature
request.  restoring the whole dir was out of the question, because it was
about 12gigs.  Anyway, getobject gave me the binary result as well.  Ended up
starting the restore of the whole directory, and then I ctrl-break cancelled
the restore about 20 seconds in to.  Was hoping (correctly) that it restored
the root of the directory first before restoring subdirs.    anyway, forgot to
ask about it the first time.

Anyway, is the file i have compressed?  or encrypted or what?

Imran