[Box Backup] version 0.06PLUS2

Ben Summers boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Jun 25 15:26:44 BST 2004

On 24 Jun 2004, at 21:46, J=E9r=F4me Schell wrote:

> Ben Summers a =E9crit :
>>>

>>> Mmm, for me it seems to be worse than PLUS1. bbackupd doesn't=20
>>> respond at all to a SIGTERM while a sync is running (no more=20
>>> exception in the logs). Had to send a SIGKILL to stop it.
>> I'll check that out again, and under Linux. I thought I had it=20
>> working. Interesting that the exception has gone from the logs. Does=20=

>> it reload the configuration for a SIGHUP?
>
> Just sent a SIGHUP, no reaction :(
>
> In fact it seems to react to the signal but only when the sync is=20
> over. Just after I sent my last message bbackupd stopped in response=20=

> to the SIGTERM I sent long time before :)

Are you sure?

I've just compiled the latest version on my Linux Debian 3.0 install,=20
and it worked fine, responding to both SIGHUP and SIGTERM immediately.

Can you try again for me? Make sure you have logging of local6.info in=20=

syslog.conf enabled, and then see if there are any messages like=20
"Exception (7/41) due to signal" in the logs. Check there's only one=20
daemon running too.

Has anyone else tried checking this?

Thanks,