[Box Backup] version 0.06PLUS2

John Pybus boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sat Jun 26 18:46:26 BST 2004

Ben Summers wrote:

> I've just had an off list exchange with Jérôme, and it appears this
> problem isn't entirely repeatable.
>
> I would appreciate reports from others, especially if you're running it
> on Linux. While it's connected to the server, does sending bbackupd a
> -HUP signal restart it immediately, and does sending it a normal kill
> signal stop it immediately?

I have now tried this with 0.06PLUS2.

Out of 12 attempts I had one case where it didn't respond to a kill,
neither a HUP nor a TERM made any difference.  On the others it logged
mainly a 7/41 Exception but sometimes a 4/64, and performed the expected
action.  On the first failure it had already responded correctly to a
HUP and I had requested another sync, before it failed to respond to
TERM.  In this case, after the sync had finished but before logging any
stats, it logged a 4/64 and terminated.

This is on RedHat 9, with glibc-2.3.2 and gcc 3.2.2.

Yours,

John