[Box Backup] Windows attributes diffs on compare

Per Thomsen boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Nov 1 06:32:50 GMT 2004

Hi,
I sent this message last week, and didn't get any responses. Resending to make
sure that it was received. I apologize in advance, if this is received twice.

I have run a 'bbackupquery "compare -a" quit' on a Windows Machine, and
I get a lot of differences like this:

.
.
.
Local directory '/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/All
Users/Application Data/Dell' has different attributes to store directory '/
cygdrive-c-Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Dell'.
Local directory '/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/All
Users/Application Data/Dell/Alert' has different attributes to store direct
ory '/cygdrive-c-Documents and Settings/All Users/Application
Data/Dell/Alert'.
Local directory '/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/All
Users/Application Data/Dell/Alert/0' has different attributes to store dire
ctory '/cygdrive-c-Documents and Settings/All Users/Application
Data/Dell/Alert/0'.
Local file '/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application
Data/Dell/Alert/0/+ccc.gif' has different attributes to store
file '/cygdrive-c-Documents and Settings/All Users/Application
Data/Dell/Alert/0/+ccc.gif'.
(the file above has had new attributes applied)
Local file '/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application
Data/Dell/Alert/0/Alert.gif' has different attributes to store
 file '/cygdrive-c-Documents and Settings/All Users/Application
Data/Dell/Alert/0/Alert.gif'.
(the file above has had new attributes applied)
Local file '/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application
Data/Dell/Alert/0/DS-A_logo.gif' has different attributes to s
tore file '/cygdrive-c-Documents and Settings/All Users/Application
Data/Dell/Alert/0/DS-A_logo.gif'.
(the file above has had new attributes applied)
Local file '/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application
Data/Dell/Alert/0/DSALogging.vbs' has different attributes to
store file '/cygdrive-c-Documents and Settings/All Users/Application
Data/Dell/Alert/0/DSALogging.vbs'.
(the file above has had new attributes applied)
.
.
.

... And at the end of the compare:

[ 117 (of 16760) differences probably due to file modifications after
the last upload ]
Differences: 16760 (0 dirs excluded, 0 files excluded)
Logging off...

I don't know for sure, but I think the compare basically finds the
attributes of all files different. I don't know how to find how many
files are currently backed up.

I'm running the cygwin 0.08 client on Windows XP Pro, and the 0.08
server on Fedora Core 2.

Is this what I'm supposed to see? Or is something wrong with my backups?

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen at reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561