[Box Backup] deleted files

Nigel Marsh boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 14:28:58 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have just tried to recover a file that was deleted on Friday.  I went to
find the file but it was nowhere to be found ( ls -d ). There is lots of
backup space left allocated on the server so, I assumed that the deleted file
would still be available.

My question is, do files deleted on the client get deleted on the server
before the allocated space is eaten up and rotation of the backed up files
begins? If so, is there anyway to adjust how long deleted files are kept ?

If files are kept until rotated due to lack of space I must assume that this
person had the file in a different location.

I have started an experiment by deleting a couple of unrequired files and will
watch them to see how long they last but, if I could get an answer from
someone on the list that knows about this then it would be very much
appreciated.

Cheers

Nige

--
Comparing information and knowledge is like asking whether the fatness
of a pig is more or less green than the designated hitter rule."