[Box Backup] ExcludeDir/AlwaysIncludeDir does not work

J. Meyers boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Nov 22 21:48:08 GMT 2004

> regex support is limited to what is available in the c library for your
> platform. Try man re_format for details.

Tried that when reading your (pretty good) documentation, unfortunately
there is no re_format manpage in Debian, but I think regex lookrounds are
Perl only.

>> Excluding all directories in /var/www/dir1 and /var/www/dir1/html other
>> than html/webalizer seems more unreliable to me than adding a new backup
>> set only for the webalizer files, but my regex skills are ahhh...
>> limited ;-)
>

> Or you could move /var/www/dir1/html/webalizer to
> /var/www/dir1-html-webalizer, and create a symlink from the former to the
> latter? Make sure the direction of the symlink is correct, otherwise
> you'll just be backing up a symlink, not the directory you want to back
> up.

Thats a good idea but I'll add a new BackupLocation (never change a running
system, apache and symlinks ;-). I had the same problem with "includes in
excludes" while tar was doing my backups, so I used multiple files. I only
thought to omit this extra step when looking at the "AlwaysIncludeDir"
option.

Thank you for your support and your really good code!

Joe