[Box Backup] Win2 client latest version

Ben Summers boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sun Nov 28 10:48:08 GMT 2004

On 27 Nov 2004, at 21:52, Andreas Schrafl wrote:

> This is the output from bbackupquery. With the config file
> bbackupd2.conf
>
> Box Backup Query Tool v0.08Win32, (c) Ben Summers 2003, 2004
> Using configuration file E:\Programme\Box Backup\bbackupd.conf
> No random device -- additional seeding of random number generator not
> performed.
>
> Connecting to store...
> Unable to send message to Event Log: 6SSL err during Connect:
> error:14094418:SSL
>  routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca
> Exception: Connection (7/30)

This is an error reported by OpenSSL, and I think it's saying that the
server is presenting a certificate signed by the wrong root
certificate.

Check

* With bbstored-certs, you used "sign-server" to sign the server
certificate, and "sign" to sign the client certificates.

* You've copied the right client CA certificate to the client from your
CA.

* And as always, check the clocks are reasonable in sync so
certificates aren't rejected because they're not valid yet.