[Box Backup] sizes in store do not match calculated sizes...

Ben Summers boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sat Oct 16 19:01:49 BST 2004

On 16 Oct 2004, at 02:16, Imran wrote:

> This maybe the same bug where the space on the store is different from
> what is
> stored in the store.
>
> I have a 3 drive store (box backup does the raid).  I was using 0.6
> and was
> getting errors from bbstored on one acct #1:
>
> ---
> On housekeeping, sizes in store do not match calculated sizes,
> correcting
> different (store,calc): acc 0x00000001, used (26266563,26270609), old
> (7859952,7863962), deleted (54702,54702), dirs (157025,157041)
> ---
>
> That was the last error before I upgraded to 0.8 about 2 days ago.
> The errors
> previous were pretty much same, where the block counts or whatever up
> or down
> 0.1% or so.
>
> After I upgraded I got the same error but now on all my accounts (1,
> 2, 3, 4):
> http://naweb.com/error.txt

Check the clients. This is a largely harmless error, as it's just
telling you that it's fixed the problem. This will generally need to be
fixed when a client disconnects in the middle of a transaction without
a proper logout. Are the clients being well behaved? Is there only one
instance of the daemon running?

> Do I have to blow away all the accounts and start over?  I tried to run
> 'bbstoreaccounts check' on the 3rd account, but after about an hour,
> it was
> still in phase 1, check objects.  Is that normal?  about 100gigs of
> data.
> killed it and then ran it for account #1, which the info says that
> there
> 29gigs in there.  I gave up on that after 20 or 30 minutes.  Wasn't
> sure if it
> was stuck or it just takes a very long time?  the server is a decently
> fast
> computer (single cpu P4 2.8ghz, w/HT).  (and bbstored wasn't running
> while I
> ran the check).
>
> Anyway, if it does take a while then i'll run the check again.

Large stores can take a while. It needs to scan all the data, and put a
few bytes about each file in memory.