[Box Backup] Large accounts

Ben Summers boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Oct 21 15:03:58 BST 2004

On 21 Oct 2004, at 14:48, Jonas Lundgren wrote:

>>> And i'm also getting:
>>> Oct 20 23:08:30 mimic bbstored[5644]: in server child, exception
>>> BackupStore BadDirectoryFormat (4/6) -- terminating child
>>> Oct 20 23:08:30 mimic bbstored[5644]: in server child, exception
>>> BackupStore BadDirectoryFormat (4/6) -- terminating child
>> Is this repeated continuously, or just these two times?
>> If continous, what happens if you check the account with
>> bbstoreaccounts?
> This was repeated for about 24 hours.
>
> So I started to investigate, I straced the bbackupd on the client and
> found that it died on some file in my ~/.kde/ dir.
>
> So i removed all files in /var/bbackupd/ and re-run bbackupd, works
> fine now.. Dunno what it was all about..
>
> Maby you do?

In that case, it'll be corrupted/incorrect information in the inode
number database. (stored in /var/bbackupd). A file will have been
renamed or something within ~/.kde, and it'll have tried to refer to an
object which was actually a file, not a directory.

That sounds complex, but I can quite easily change things so that this
doesn't halt the backup. I'll do that now.