[Box Backup] cygwin backaged binaries

Nick Knight boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sun Oct 24 11:00:41 BST 2004

Hello all,

I wrote an installer for 0.07, which got superseded by 0.08, it wouldn't
take much to make it 0.08. But I have instead opted to do the true win32
port of the backup daemon (non cygwin).=20

This is pretty much there - I have win32 service backing up and boxquery
looking at the store.

There is a lack of testing at the mo - so will need to be fully tested -
soon.

I am finishing off one final issue to do with the way NTFS stores file
names (as Unicode) which box doesn't like. Hopefully when this is done I
will release an installer for you guys to test. BTW I think I may have
come across the same Unicode issue on cygwin port on version 0.07 - it
shows itself when box finds a file but cannot stat it to get file times
etc.

Nick