[Box Backup] backing up mysql database

Michel CERDINI boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Oct 27 06:16:09 BST 2004

Hello everybody,

  Boxbackup work very well now on my systems. It's really THE solution I=20
was looking for since a long time. Congratulation Ben !

  Now I wanted to backup a big mysql database. If I put /var/lib/mysql in=20
the bbackupd.conf, the whole database will be backuped regularly, so it=20
will take a lot of place on the server, isn't it ? Or when I read "Only=20
changes within files are sent to the server, just like rsync", does it mean=
=20
that only changes within files are also STORED on the server side ?

  If not, I have already an idea to resolve this issue. And I will post it=
=20
here of course...

Cheers,

POLYMISSIONS - 1er soci=E9t=E9 de Portage Salarial en Polyn=E9sie Fran=E7ais=
Adresse : BP 40143, Fare Tony, 98713 Papeete - Email :=
 contact at polymissions.com
T=E9l. +689 702 703 - Attention au d=E9calage horaire : GMT -10. =20