[Box Backup] first sync

Ben Summers boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Oct 27 23:09:57 BST 2004

On 27 Oct 2004, at 23:06, Nick Knight wrote:

> Typically when using software like this there is a large upload=20
> initially (10GB up ADSL > days) some commercial offers provide a=20
> service where they send out portable space (USB hd =96 whatever) plug =
it=20
> into the server and upload.
>
> Has anyone given this any thought how this could happen with Box =96 =
or=20
> does everyone just set it going and wait a week?

The easiest way to do this at the moment is to run the server locally,=20=

build up a store, then move it to the server. What I'd like to do=20
eventually is write an encrypted file which contains the initial files=20=

which can then taken to the server and added in a rather more=20
controlled and automatic manner.

There are so many features on my list, and so little time to write=20
them. :-(