[Box Backup] trigger housekeeping

Andreas Schrafl boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 22:18:58 BST 2004

Ben Summers wrote:

> On 1 Sep 2004, at 20:58, Andreas Schrafl wrote:
>
>> I reduced the amount of my soft and hardlimit and hoped to get the olf
>> files deleted. the next backup run said i'd have so add more storage
>> but didn't delet any old files.
>>
>> when does housekeeping run?
>

> Every x seconds, where x is specified in bbstored.conf as
> TimeBetweenHousekeeping.

had it on the standard 900 so every 15 minutes. it's now more than a day
that I reduced the limit and it is still like not deleted anything.

>> how can I trigger it?
>

> Send a -HUP signal to bbstored.

tried this (kill -HUP processid) for bbstored and housekeeping but
didn't change anything

> What do you think should have happened when you changed the limits. What
> would you like to have done? How would you like to have controlled this?

I'd just like to control this on the server. something like:
bbstoredhousekeeping accountid
or
bbstoredhousekeeping

would clean the files that can be deleted. perhaps I would be possible
to specify the files to delete (old or deleted or both). I don't even
need this on the client but havinig it there would be great to.

I run 0.7 version and notyet 0.7PLUS