[Box Backup] 0.07PLUS4 (almost 0.08)

Ben Summers boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Sep 17 12:33:09 BST 2004

New version for you all to try! This one will hopefully become 0.08
with only a few minor changes.

    http://www.fluffy.co.uk/boxbackup/bin/boxbackup-0.07PLUS4.tgz

I am still hoping for some feedback from people using 0.07PLUS3 before
I feel confident to release 0.08...

http://lists.warhead.org.uk/pipermail/boxbackup/2004-September/
000415.html

Changes over 0.07PLUS3:

* Minor bug fixes

* Martin Ebourne's patches for 64 bit systems.

* Martin Ebourne's RPM generation stuff for RedHat

* Better detection of gcc on random German RedHat systems (why do Linux
people make it so difficult to do the most basic things?)

* Automatically clean up corrupt file tracking databases instead of
refusing to do any backups. This has happened to a few people following
a bad server crash.

Please download this and test! Feedback very welcome.

I shall be doing more building and running the tests on various
platforms before release, but need more real world confirmations that
it works.

Thanks,