[Box Backup] 0.07PLUS4 test

Jérôme Schell boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Sep 23 12:22:33 BST 2004

Hi all,

Just put my hands in v0.07PLUS4 of boxbackup.
Seems to work OK.
As usual I made Debian package for it. If you're interrested just point
you sources.list to :

For Woody/stable :
deb http://debian.taonix.org stable main

For testing/Sarge :
deb http://debian.taonix.org/ testing main

Note that for woody you will need to install libssl 0.9.7 to be able to
install boxbackup, see for example on :
deb http://people.debian.org/~hmh/woody/ hmh/misc/

Then you can :
apt-get install boxbackup-client
or
apt-get install boxbackup-server
or
apt-get install boxbackup-utils (just the certificate authority
management script)

I can just see a little problem with the generated bbackupd.conf file.
In the comment for BackupLocations, it is said to put a regexp like that:
ExcludeFilesRegex = *.(mp3|MP3)$

But this is not working on my Debian system (I get a (1/31) - Common
BadRegularExpression error)
I had to replace it by :
ExcludeFilesRegex = \.(mp3|MP3)$
to make it work.