[Box Backup] Win32 port

Garry Glendown boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Sep 24 12:21:01 BST 2004

Ben Summers wrote:

> On 24 Sep 2004, at 00:33, Chris Wilson wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I second the call for duplicate file detection :-)
>

> Unfortunately there's only one of me.

Also, there is one basic problem that just popped up in my mind ... BB
uses encryption for storing the files - encryption done by the client
IIRC ... therefore, the server has no way of telling which files are the
same, and even if, a second client couldn't restore its file from the
first client's storage, as he doesn't have the private key to extract
the data ... so strike that feature off the list ... (dunno how the
other companies handle it, but it would seem to me they do not handle
security the same way BB does ...)

-gg