[Box Backup] BoxBackup 0,08 SUSE Linux packages

Chris Smith boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sat Sep 25 00:46:44 BST 2004

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 00:37, Martin Ebourne wrote:
> Cool. I've incorporated all of your changes back into the stuff I had
> and made the rpm spec automatically work out what distro it is building
> on and behave accordingly. The Grand Unified RPM Patch is included. ;)

Ah, thats awesome :)

> Ah, yes, some late cleanup broke that. Doh! I've changed it to
> /var/empty. If SUSE doesn't have that can you pick something suitable.

Ok, a directory that is just empty? I'm sure I can handle that.

> If you could apply this patch and check that the SUSE RPM all still
> works correctly then Ben can apply this as is.

Ok, I will. I'll need to sort out some remote access to my dev machine at
work, as that is the only SUSE system I have access to at the moment. I'm not
at work again until Thursday.

> One question though, from
> my reading of http://www.suse.de/~mmj/Package-Conventions/ it would
> appear that there should be some calls to insserv, and that the
> rcbbackupd etc scripts need to be symlinked by the package. Is this
> correct or is that out of date?

I read that document but not really at length. But you're right, it looks like
I've done some things improperly (it works, but it may not upgrade properly
or something). Would you be able to fix them up?

> (Can highly recommend Subversion to solve
> those sorts of problems. ;))

Most definitely! :)

Regards,
Chris.