[Box Backup] win32 client varients

Gary boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Apr 11 15:01:41 BST 2005

Jammer,

> Trying to run it from the bash shell as a daemon just results in it
> exiting silently.

If I understood correctly, you want to run the Cygwin port as a
WinNT/XP service, so that bbackupd does not exit when you close the
Cygwin console. If so, try the following:

1. Install the cygrunsrv Cygwin package.
2. Make sure SYSTEM user can write to bbackupd data directory and
files.
3. Run: cygrunsrv -I boxbackup -d "Box Backup (Cygwin)" -p
/usr/local/bin/bbackupd.exe -a "/etc/box/bbackupd.conf SINGLEPROCESS"

You can even interrupt it and shout it down from service management
console.

Gary